Content Writer (Remote)
CONTENT WRITER (REMOTE)
We are looking for an experienced Content Writer to join our fast-paced, exceptionally talented, and hardworking team. You will craft compelling copy across campaigns and capture the voice and personality of multiple brands, across a variety of channels. You excel in strategic, conceptual thinking, have the skills for flawless execution and know how to tell a story in a relevant, resonant way. We’re not just looking for someone to write headlines.
WHO WE ARE
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Our communities include YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, Fast Company and Business Journals. We have big goals for 2021. We’re a collaborative, and accountable, fully remote group that is looking for our next addition to the marketing team to build great things together and position our communities for growth.
WHO YOU ARE
- Optimistic and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a team player and an advocate of environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- A builder | There is a lot of work to be done. You are an innovator with a strong point of view and a distinct voice.
- Detail-oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- A strong communicator | Superior presentation skills and excellent communication and analytical skills. Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability.
- Agile and fast-paced | Ability and flexibility to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the process for multiple brands.
- Curious | We are a product start-up. You are not afraid to test new ideas and iterate quickly to meet big goals head-on.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to create concepts that reflect brand voice and personality.
- Understand the target audience/personas and write copy that resonates with them. Answer the question: Why Do I Care?
- Edit or rewrite existing copy as necessary to optimize for search.
- Create compelling copy that motivates, inspires, and moves audiences to action.
- Contribute to the development of marketing campaigns.
- A/B test copy and headlines to find the right message for each brand on each channel – be prepared to share examples.
- A love of storytelling to create impactful marketing campaigns and materials.
- 5+ years of related marketing copywriter/content strategy experience at a marketing agency, or in-house creative team.
- Experience in writing, proofreading, and copyediting a variety of business and marketing content.
- Sales materials
- Website Copy (keyword optimized)
- White Papers
- Social posts
- Paid media ads
- Email marketing
- Case Studies
- Must understand SEO and how to apply keyword research to marketing content.
- Knowledge of pillar content and 10X content and its role in inbound marketing.
- Flexible and able to receive and provide necessary critique and feedback.
- Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail; strong command of English language, grammar, and advertising writing styles.
- History of proactively building relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bonus points for Hubspot and SEMrush experience.
- A growing team with big opportunities
- The chance to develop with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage (company pays $475 – $735)
- 401K with up to 4% company match
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this opportunity please submit a resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio or writing samples. To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Content Writer” in the subject line.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At The Community Company, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Community Company is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.