Direct Response Copywriter
The Community Company is looking for an experienced Copywriter to craft compelling copy across a variety of campaigns. You will join our fast-paced, exceptionally talented and hardworking Team. You will capture the voice of multiple brands, and replicate that voice and personality across a variety of channels.
You excel in strategic, conceptual thinking, have the skills for flawless execution and know how to tell a story in a relevant, resonant way. We’re not just looking for someone to write the headlines.
To be considered for this opportunity please submit a resume, cover letter and provide a link to your portfolio or writing samples here.
WHO WE ARE:
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Our communities include YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, and Business Journals Leadership Trust.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Optimistic and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be an advocate of environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- A builder | Process-oriented and an innovator with a strong point of view and distinct voice.
- Detail oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- A strong communicator | Superior presentation skills and excellent communication and analytical skills. Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability.
- Fast paced | Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the process.
- Must have direct marketing copywriting experience, including development of:
- Experience contributing to development of marketing strategies based on past experiences running campaigns.
- Extensive split testing experience – please be prepared to share examples
- Collaborate with marketing teams to create concepts that reflect the brand voice.
- Understand the mindset of the target audience and write copy that resonates with them.
- Edit or rewrite existing copy as necessary.
- Create compelling copy that motivates, inspires and moves the audience to action.
- 5+ years of related marketing copywriter/content strategy experience at an advertising or marketing agency, or in-house creative team.
- A history of proactively building relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A love of storytelling to create impactful marketing campaigns and materials.
- Experience in branding and capturing the essence of the brand voice.
- Excellent attention to detail; strong command of English language, grammar, and advertising writing styles.
- Experience in proofreading, copyediting a variety of business and marketing materials.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be flexible and able to accept and provide necessary critique and feedback.
A growing team with big opportunity
- The chance to develop with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401K with company matching
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
- To be considered for this opportunity please submit a resume, cover letter and provide a link to your portfolio or writing samples here.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this role, and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At The Community Company, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Community Company is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.