The Community Company is seeking a full-time Event Marketer to join our member benefits team to grow engagement and attendance for our virtual events. Our community members value the connections they make with fellow members during events, and events are a valuable touchpoint for our company’s brands. Our events range from small, intimate virtual masterminds with 10 attendees to “master class”-style events that attract hundreds of attendees.
Sound like you? Read more about The Community Company and the job requirements, then apply!
Who We Are
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Our communities include YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, Business Journals Leadership Trust and the recent launch of the Rolling Stone Culture Council.
WHO YOU ARE
The Event Marketer will maximize the value of events through clear messaging, consistent branding, and creative promotions. This role will increase registration and attendance rates, as well as improve how we leverage events for other business purposes. A creative driver who thrives on hitting metrics and trying out new ideas will excel in this role. The Event Marketer reports to the VP of Member Benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Plan, execute, measure, document and improve event marketing in cooperation with the benefits team. Good project management skills are a must.
- Ensure logistics are communicated correctly and marketing material is available for each event.
- Create event listings, registration forms, landing pages, and invitations. Write copy, coordinate design requests, set up marketing tech, and build list segments.
- Develop and implement a consistent, standard communication cycle for each event.
- Use a variety of communication methods to promote events. Cooperate with other team members and our business partners to leverage existing communication channels (e.g. newsletters, forums, and web banners).
- Coordinate with the member success team to find opportunities to engage at-risk members.
- Capture and update member details to ensure our rosters and attendance/registration information is accurately reported.
- Create and implement marketing campaigns for events to increase exposure and drive attendance.
- Establish a process for team members to track one-to-one outreach about events.
- Set up and facilitate virtual events though Zoom, our meetings/webinar platform, in conjunction with partners and/or member leaders.
- Assess options for integrating event registrations with HubSpot and manage integration and/or migration projects.
- Create promotional material to share with partners, member leaders and members.
- Reduce “no show” rate through consistent communication and promotion to attendees.
- Ensure consistent branding through event signage, name badges, and other collateral.
- Develop post-event strategies and marketing tactics that effectively increase awareness and move the conversation from the virtual event and into our platform after the event is over.
- Assist Product team with understanding technical and UX requirements for hosting events in and outside of our platform.
- 5-7 years of experience promoting events; some digital event marketing experience is preferred
- Experience with HubSpot, Splash and EventBrite
- Experience communicating with senior-level business executives
- Familiarity with Trello and Zoom; Confluence or Aha experience is a bonus
- Experience with copywriting and email marketing
- Experience with remote work
- A growing team with big opportunity
- The chance to develop with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401K with company matching
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
- Occasional travel up to 2 to 3 times per year
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At The Community Company, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Community Company is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.