NOW HIRING AN Event Marketer!
We’re looking for an Event Marketer to join our member retention team to grow member engagement in our virtual and in-person events. Members value the connections they make with fellow members during events, and events are a valuable touch-point for our company’s brands. Our events range from intimate dinners for a dozen c-suite leaders to lively cocktail parties with hundreds of young entrepreneurs.
The Event Marketer will maximize the value of events through clear messaging, consistent branding, and creative promotions. This role will increase registration and attendance rates, as well as improve how we leverage events for other business purposes. A creative driver who thrives on hitting metrics and trying out new ideas will excel in this role. The Event Marketer reports to the Director of Communications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Plan, execute, measure, and improve event marketing in cooperation with the events team.
- Ensure logistics are communicated correctly and marketing material is available for each event.
- Create event listings, registration forms, landing pages, and invitations. Write copy, coordinate design requests, set up marketing tech, and build list segments.
- Develop and implement a consistent, standard communication cycle for each event.
- Use a variety of communication methods to promote events, including email, SMS, and social media. Cooperate with other team members to leverage existing communication channels (e.g. newsletters, forums, and web banners).
- Coordinate with the member acquisition team to provide event information, send strategic invitations, and provide follow-up details for prospective members.
- Coordinate with the member success team to find opportunities to engage at-risk members.
- Capture and update member location details to ensure the best possible geographical outreach.
- Create and implement marketing campaigns for large events to increase exposure and drive ticket purchases.
- Establish a process for team members to track one-to-one outreach about events.
- Setup and manage virtual events through Zoom, our meetings/webinar platform.
- Assess options for integrating event registrations with HubSpot and manage integration and/or migration project (depending on if Splash, Eventbrite, or another platform is selected).
- Create promotional material to share with potential event sponsors.
- Support events team in communications with event sponsors.
- Reduce “no show” rate through consistent communication and promotion to attendees.
- Ensure consistent branding through event signage, name badges, and other collateral.
- Develop experiential marketing campaigns to drive onsite and social engagement.
- Use photos and post-event descriptions to increase awareness and encourage future attendance.
- 5-7 years of experience promoting events
- Experience with HubSpot and Eventbrite
- Experience communicating with senior-level business executives
- Experience with brand activations and experiential marketing
- Familiarity with Splash, Trello, and Zoom
- Understanding of texting services and social media platforms
- Experience with copywriting and email marketing
- Experience with remote work
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Location/hours: This position is remote
- Occasional travel up to 2 to 3 times per year
- Competitive Benefits and Time-Off Programs:
- Benefits (company pays $425-$700/month depending on plan)
- 401K with up to 4% company match
- 12 paid holidays and up to 10 paid time off days per year