Freelance Thought Leadership Content Creator
Freelance Thought Leadership Content Creator
We are currently seeking a part-time freelance content creator to help support us in a new initiative to extend our existing publishing benefits. One of our core benefits is helping our members, some of the world’s smartest professionals, startup founders, C-level executives, and business owners, publish thought leadership articles.
WHO WE ARE:
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Our communities include YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, Fast Company and Business Journals.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Detail Oriented | Ability to deliver high-quality, error-free content on time.
- Supportive | Assist clients who may be new to thought leadership or require more extensive guidance.
- Focused on Customer Service | Ensure most members who purchase this new service are not just happy but renew their subscriptions because of their great experience.
- A Strong Communicator | Effective virtual communicator who is comfortable regularly reporting on metrics that track client happiness, results, and issues.
- Use exploratory calls and worksheets to generate content ideas for clients.
- Help quickly and expertly develop client ideas/goals into fleshed-out topic proposals and/or generate new topic ideas based on client expertise.
- Turn around 700 – to 800-word bylines for those clients that are in line with our rigorous editorial standards, and the client’s voice and goals, in a short timeframe: typically 1 week from initial phone call.
- Turn around requested revisions quickly and courteously.
- Interact with busy clients regarding their content in a professional, constructive manner using our helpdesk software.
- Collaborate with our VP, Member Benefits to improve systems and processes that underpin this new initiative.
- Report challenges and roadblocks to VP, Member Benefits regularly to create greater efficiencies.
- 2+ years in a post-college professional copywriting, journalism, content marketing/creation role, preferably for a brand publisher, agency, or business publication — OR — equivalent freelance experience.
- Strong portfolio of thought leadership content that helps elevate others’ brands (samples will be required) — blogs, white papers, articles, etc.
- Comfort with a range of business topics, from the highly technical to general leadership advice.
- Ability to translate complex ideas/expertise into compelling copy suitable for the average professional/reader.
- Willingness to accept and act on feedback graciously.
- Experience meeting, and beating, tight deadlines.
- Impeccable grammar, spelling, writing and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of AP Style and web publishing.
- Gmail, Slack and Google Docs familiarity a plus.
- A growing team with big opportunity
- The chance to develop with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- 100% remote, work where you want
This is a freelance position; the ideal candidate will have a few hours per month available and be able to communicate whether a new client can be fit quickly into their schedule or not.
Location/hours are flexible, except for scheduled meetings/check-ins at agreed-upon times.
To be considered, please include a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing clips demonstrating your experience with thought leadership/business content.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At The Community Company, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Community Company is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.