We’re a small team with a big influence. As a developer with The Community Company, your work will touch tens of thousands of users — and it really will be your work. At The Community Company, your voice is heard, your ideas are valued, and everyone gets the chance to make an impact.
Our Development team is focused on an excellent user experience. We develop products that help members connect to one another and our partners in meaningful ways, get exposure through publishing and editorial tools, and access exclusive offers. We’re also critical to the broad team’s ability to operate effectively. We develop solutions founded in data and analytics.
We are a small, remotely distributed team that enjoys solving complex challenges with clean code. Team members pride themselves in maintaining a fun, laid-back culture built on mutual respect and accountability.
- Develop front and back end applications with well-tested, highly-supportable, performant code
- Own work and deliverables, from inception to completion
- Translate requirements into excellent applications and features
- Work in an agile methodology, effective independent as well as collaborative
- Excel in a fast-paced, startup environment
Must-Have Skills and Experience
- Comfortable with Docker
- Git Version Control
- Code Test Writing (Mocha, Chai)
- SQL and NoSQL data structures and schemas
- Strong work ethic, self starter, excellent time management, accurate estimating
- React / React-Native application development
- GraphQL development
- Microservice Architecture
- Enterprise platforms / highly scalable application design
- White label / Multi-tenant application design
- Interested in exploring new technologies
- Familiar with cloud technologies and platforms (AWS / GCP)
- DevOps ideology and CI/CD patterns
- An eye for User Experience
Salary and Benefits
- Small team with big opportunity
- The chance to develop with a growing company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401K with company matching
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
- Yearly team retreats to great locations
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Full Stack Engineer” in the subject line. Please explain WHY you want to work for The Community Company and WHY you are perfect for the job in your cover letter.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.