Inside Sales Representative
Now Hiring an Inside Sales Representative!
The Community Company is seeking an inside sales representative to join our fast-paced team in our King of Prussia office for a full-time position. This person will handle inbound phone calls talking to potential new members of our various communities to determine if they qualify to join.
Responsibilities and Goals
The inside sales representative will be responsible for talking to new potential members to answer questions, determine their qualifications for joining and to present the value of membership. The daily responsibilities include:
- Handling previously scheduled inbound phone calls from prospective members, emailed inquiries about community qualifications, benefits, events and more.
- Maintaining member communication across all communities that align with our partners brand and message. This includes the following:
- Making sure email responses adhere to the company’s 24-hour response time policy.
- Responding to and sorting approximately 150 emails daily, including assigning to appropriate team members and reporting member issues as needed.
- Supporting the rest of the sales and community teams as necessary.
- Understanding our membership guidelines, benefits of membership and how to present the value of membership as it pertains to why executives should join.
- Interacting with potential members by phone and email.
- Managing and maintaining daily progress and relevant information in our databases and reporting spreadsheets.
- Keeping member communication organized and efficient, answering prospective member questions in a timely manner while ensuring that they’re following the correct course of action based on whether or not they’ve been approved to join and that their individual records are captured correctly in our systems.
Communication with customers is primarily via phone and email.
Must-Have Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a sales oriented, customer service/client-facing role.
- The ability to interpret and communicate member benefits and policies in a patient, pleasant, and clear manner.
- Solid written and oral communication skills with a strong grasp of tone. Proper grammar skills are necessary for both verbal and written communication.
- An impeccable attention to detail, with an affinity for organization and a creative eye for improving disorder.
- Comfort and poise in working with a diverse team and supporting a diverse group of members.
- Sales Excellence: Ability to understand the value of member benefits and express clear ROI to a prospective member while helping them understand and complete the new member process in order to join.
- Previous experience in a customer sales or support role responsible for daily sales activity.
- Track record and proof of over-achieving quota
- Teachable Attitude: Follow communication guidelines and “scripts” when handling different topics/questions and be willing to adjust and learn on the job as appropriate to the situation.
- Clear Communication Skills: Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives to help determine membership eligibility.
- Rapport Building: Build sustainable relationships and engage prospective members in a positive way while seeking to understand their needs and how membership can help them and their company for the better.
- Patience: Ability to remain cool and calm, even when customers are not.
- Strong attention to detail: Proper grammar, keen attention to what is being asked, and accuracy are key to success in this role.
- Time management and multitasking skills: Ability to prioritize and multitask under varying levels of pressure in order to hit weekly and monthly goals.
- Friendly and positive attitude: Focus on what you can do to help prospective members and teammates, being proactive and optimistic.
- Empathy: Understand what a customer says and also how a customer feels. Be able to recognize and understand a person’s emotional state.
- Conflict resolution skills: Be a creative problem solver. Help locate additional help/resources if you cannot provide them, and follow up with the prospective member to make sure issues/questions have been resolved.
Previous Experience/Knowledge of the following:
- CRM software (ZenProspect or similar)
- Google Sheets/Excel
- Google Calendar
- Gmail Email System
Salary and Benefits
- Full-time, contract-to-hire position after first 60 days.
- $15 hourly during first 60 days as 1099 contractor, then $24,192 per year base salary plus commission. On Track Earnings, Base + Commission: $42,000 per year
- Standard Company Hours: 830am-530pm EST
- This Role: 40 hrs/week
- Location: First Avenue, King of Prussia, PA
Send your resume to email@example.com
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.