WHO WE ARE
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands such as YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, Rolling Stone, Newsweek, Fast Company and Business Journals.
We have big goals for 2021. We’re a collaborative, accountable, and fully remote group that is looking for our next addition to the team to build great things together and position our communities for growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Managing Editor to build, manage and grow a new publication media channel for senior-level leaders. You will work across a variety of brands, industries, and small business such as cannabis, entertainment, media, and human resources. This senior executive role requires the ability to lead a content team while actively contributing content.
- Grow media channel interest to meet audience engagement goals across multiple brands while optimizing the value of our membership population.
- Create original content and use analytics to determine high-performing evergreen content to re-engage specific brand segments.
- Deploy publications and use various tactics to improve active user metrics, including collaboration with editors on development of appropriate content.
- Develop and implement innovative online marketing, advertising, and promotional programs to attract and acquire new members.
- Expand audience reach and engagement; continually assess and improve content and content strategy to develop a broader footprint and impact in support of the organization’s goals.
- Build and implement an accolades and awards program to drive audience and increase lead capabilities for the core business.
- Provide strategic partnership recommendations to executive leaders.
- Proactively engage with leaders across the organization to maximize strategic objectives.
- Lead and develop team members with an emphasis on building an innovative culture, achieving department and organizational goals and objectives, and taking accountability for exceptional performance.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a senior editor of a media publication, within a professional business audience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial role, and the demonstrated ability to work with editors, product teams, and designers to develop and deliver strong content. Experience with newsletter media is a plus.
- Exceptional understanding of the marketplace, innovative content product development, and editorial management.
- Experienced strategic and creative thinker with a proven track record in expanding existing businesses.
- Proven group leadership experience, with a commitment to the values of building and growing a diverse staff.
- Superior organizational and collaborative abilities, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ready to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment.
- The chance to develop your career with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401K with company matching
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and application here.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At The Community Company, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Community Company is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.