Member Engagement Manager
Now Hiring a Member Engagement Manager
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Our communities include YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, Ad Age, and American City Business Journals.
This role exists to make sure that every member is actively using all the benefits available to them to find value and renew each year. You are the human connection between the organization and its members, proactively reaching out to offer help, build engagement and spot new opportunities. You do everything possible to make sure they want to stay with us.
The right candidate cares deeply about creating a personal, positive experience for stakeholders, even when dealing with large volume. You excel at spotting the “human” element inside of every interaction. You are a great communicator on the phone and over email, and take the time to get to know people. You thrive in a remote work environment, and welcome both the freedom and responsibility that comes with it. You will report to, and work closely with, the Vice President of Member Retention and Growth, as this role is pivotal in influencing whether or not a member decides to renew.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Work closely with the VP of Membership to implement strategies, campaigns, pilot programs, and anything else we think will help members connect with us and find value. You provide support across a range of projects involving outreach to current and prospective members that helps keep the team moving.
- Drive benefits utilization through proactive member outreach. Look at what activities members are taking (or not taking) across communities and figure out how to lead them to action. Move the needle on the number of members engaged with each benefit.
- Analyze data across communities to suggest new strategies for retention. TCC operates multiple communities, each with its own nuances. Understand what we need to modify to be effective in our outreach and get results.
- Create “moments of magic” for members by over-delivering on expectations. Find “one more thing” you can do to help them inside of each interaction.
- Be persistent and creative with non-responsive members, especially if they are not responding to a request to renew. Work with our Billing team to track down members for renewals, reaching them by phone, social media, mail, smoke signal, or carrier pigeon, to make sure they know their membership is about to cancel.
- Use critical thinking to improve how we deliver value to members. Help coordinate efforts across multiple teams and functional areas. Build a great member experience using a lot of different tools and pieces.
- Be able to rapidly respond to a lot of email without losing your “human” touch. Make each interaction feel special and unique, even when you’re moving fast.
- Identify ways we can improve across benefits, communications, processes, anything. You will be on the front lines with members and they matter the most. Help all of us understand what they need and how we can improve.
- Three-to-five years of experience working with members or customers, with a focus on satisfaction and retention
- Experience handling issue resolution, customer service or other front-line interactions.
- Experience working with executives, entrepreneurs or general business industry.
- Experience communicating in a professional but personable tone. Feel free to share some writing samples.
- Willingness to be flexible, pivot quickly, take on new projects, learn, make recommendations, and support the team.
- Experience inside a membership organization
- Experience in Google, HubSpot,, Slack, Hubspot, Trello, Confluence, Zendesk (just share with us if you’ve used any of these before)
- Previous remote work experience.
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Competitive Benefits and Time-Off Programs:
- Benefits (company pays $425-$700/month depending on the plan selected)
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- 12 paid holidays + 10 paid time off days per year
- Location/Hours: This position is remote for candidates based in the United States. The location is flexible but working hours will need to be during or close to U.S. East Coast time.
Please send your resume, cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “TCC Member Engagement Manager” In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself and answer the following:
- What interests you about this role?
- What gives you great energy at work, in a current or previous role?
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this role, and responsibilities may change at any time.