We are seeking a full-time Production Editor to join our fast-paced team. In this role, you’ll work directly under our Director of Content alongside other copy editors, a team of freelance editors and support staff. You’ll get to help our incredible members (some of the world’s smartest professionals, startup founders, C-level executives and business owners) publish thought leadership content for websites including Forbes, Inc. and others. You will oversee the production of our “Q&A”-style content, which is a roundup of top contributor answers to an industry topic.
WHO WE ARE:
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Our communities include YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, Fast Company and Business Journals.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Optimistic and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be an advocate of environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- Detail oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- Fast paced | Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the process.
- Identify and fix any copy or production errors before scheduling content
- Work with team members to assemble article photos, ad copy, etc.
- Copy edit a few dozen articles per week, per various partners’ style guides, often on very tight deadlines
- Regularly report status updates to Director of Content and raising any issues or concerns
- Deliver content to media partners via content management systems on or before the deadline
- Push member content live on our various properties daily
- Update our editorial queue and calendar
- Editorial discernment to select the best contributor responses for diverse, high-quality business content
- Sharp attention to detail
- Excellent copywriting skills for creating engaging, “no fluff” copy
- One or more years’ POST-COLLEGE professional copywriting/journalism or editorial experience covering business topics including technology, finance, management and/or marketing
- Impeccable grammar, spelling and communication skills are a must
- Solid understanding and experience with AP Style and web publishing
- Basic HTML knowledge (h2s, links, etc.)
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management system
- Willingness to ask questions and receptiveness to feedback
- A growing team with big opportunity
- The chance to develop with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage (company pays $475 – $735)
- 401K with up to 4% company match
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At The Community Company, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Community Company is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.