Now Hiring a Production Editor!
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Our communities include YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, Ad Age, and American City Business Journals. We are seeking a full-time production editor to join our fast-paced team. (NOTE: While our team is headquartered in Boston, we are open to remote applicants who fit our needs too.)
In this role, you’ll work directly under our Managing Editor alongside another production editor, a team of freelance editors and support staff. You’ll get to help our incredible members (some of the world’s smartest professionals, startup founders, C-level executives and business owners) publish thought leadership content for websites including Forbes, Inc. and others. You will oversee the production of our “Q&A”-style content, which is a roundup of top contributor answers to an industry topic.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Identifying and fixing any copy or production errors before scheduling content
- Working with team members to assemble article photos, ad copy, etc.
- Copy editing a few dozen articles per week, per various partners’ style guides, often on very tight deadlines
- Regularly report status updates to Managing Editor and raising any issues or concerns
- Delivering content to media partners via content management systems on or before the deadline
- Pushing member content live on our various properties daily
- Updating our editorial queue and calendar
Must-Have Skills and Experience
- Editorial discernment to select the best contributor responses for diverse, high-quality business content
- Sharp attention to detail
- Excellent copywriting skills for creating engaging, “no fluff” copy
- One or more years’ POST-COLLEGE professional copywriting/journalism or editorial experience covering business topics including technology, finance, management and/or marketing
- Impeccable grammar, spelling and communication skills are a must
- Solid understanding and experience with AP Style and web publishing
- Basic HTML knowledge (h2s, links, etc.)
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management system
- Willingness to ask questions and receptiveness to feedback
Salary and Benefits
- Annual salary is $40,000 (to start) with growth opportunities based on performance
- Company contribution for health insurance is $425-$700 per month depending on the plan you select, following a 60-day probationary period
- Optional 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Paid vacation time for 12 holidays, plus 2 weeks of PTO every year
- Additional vacation time is negotiable based on individual’s performance.
- Location/Hours: Boston-area candidates must be willing to commute to our Back Bay office daily and work 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., except during “Remote Work Fridays.” If you are outside the Boston area, we prefer that you work the same hours so you can attend scheduled meetings and chat with the team, although this is negotiable based on your timezone. Please clarify your needs in the cover letter.