NOW HIRING A PROJECT MANAGER!
The Community Company is seeking a full-time Project Manager who has experience within a marketing and communications agency to join our growing organization and help set direction and contribute strategic plans for project management.
Sound like you? Read more about The Community Company and the job requirements, then apply!
WHO WE ARE
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Our communities include YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, and Business Journals Leadership Trust.
WHO YOU ARE
- Optimistic and Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be an advocate of environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- A Builder | Process-oriented and an innovator with a strong point of view and distinct voice.
- Detail Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- A Strong Communicator | Superior presentation skills and excellent communication and analytical skills. Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability.
- Fast Paced | Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- This role is a key contributor and driver and will anticipate and solve technical and creative problems, work collaboratively with our team, and think outside the box.
- Simultaneously lead several projects with varied deliverables, team members, and audiences requiring ongoing prioritization and relationship management.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business area goals in collaboration with business process owners, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure projects are scoped and defined clearly, with agreed upon timing and budget
- Lead key project meetings with all stakeholders.
- Work closely with the development team’s ScrumMaster to ensure all projects are in sync with company-wide timelines.
- Collaborate closely with project management from other departments to define and build strong project management practices.
- Help define and implement project management best practices and culture.
- Work with stakeholders to schedule roadmap 3, 6, 9 and 12 months out, map resource allocation and map dependencies.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize each according to strategic roadmap or executive direction.
- Foster increased collaboration with key departments; build strong relationships with stakeholders and manage expectations.
- Experience in advertising or marketing communications, ideally at a creative/digital agency or similar.
- Proven track record in driving creative solutions.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills, cool under pressure, meets challenges bravely, high level of adaptability and resilience.
- 5+ years of Project Management
- Experience working with a broad variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Deep experience leading a variety of meetings for all stages of a project’s lifecycle.
- Ability to create clear and concise documentation and status reports.
- Thrives amid ambiguity; able to influence both peers and managers toward shared vision and forward progress.
- Experience and instincts to judge scope of technical development work.
- Strong organizational skill set with ability to multitask.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Prior experience working on a remote, distributed team
- Comfort with Slack being your “home”
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Ability to work standard East Coast work hours
- A growing team with big opportunity
- The chance to develop with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401K with company matching
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
- Interested candidates can send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org