Senior UX Designer
NOW HIRING A SENIOR UX DESIGNER!
The Community Company is seeking a full-time Senior UX Designer to join our User Experience Office (UXO). As a qualified candidate, you love to create compelling and delightful experiences for users of our web and mobile platforms. You are skilled in gathering insights from quantitative and qualitative research to inform the user experience and produce work in an iterative manner while utilizing a human-centered design approach.
Sound like you? Read more about The Community Company and the job requirements, then apply!
Who We Are
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Our communities include YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, Business Journals Leadership Trust and the recent launch of the Rolling Stone Culture Council.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer who can guide the design and usability of product features and enhancements, and who is above all, empathetic to users. You will collaborate with a passionate team to conceptualize, design, prototype and iterate to bring designs to life. In addition, you will do the following:
- Deeply understand your audiences through research, testing, personas and journeys
- Lead design thinking sessions to develop storyboards, user flows and sitemaps
- Incorporate UX research tools, data, competitive analysis and metrics to help shape user experiences
- Create wireframes and prototypes that illustrate functionality and the overarching UX
- Solve complex design challenges and create enjoyable digital experiences
- Clearly articulate the value of UX and the rationale behind your research process and design decisions
- Continuously iterate on the product experience based on data, research and user feedback
- Collaborate with Director of UX and other team members to build a user-centered design culture
- Stay up to date on industry and user experience trends, best practices, and technology and promote them within the larger UX team
- 3-5 years of UX design experience
- Demonstrated expertise turning design research into tangible, actionable design outcomes
- Proficient with UX tools such as Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Capable of handling multiple projects at any given time
- Experienced in Agile, Lean UX, or other iterative product development approaches (design sprints, scrum, kanban)
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Hands on experience with a variety of user research techniques and analytic tools including Google Analytics
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary team
- Open minded, collaborative and flexible work style
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable receiving feedback and critiques
- Prior experience working on a remote, distributed team
- Comfort with Slack being your “home”
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Self-starter- proactively take initiative
- Experience in a rapid and iterative development environments
- A growing team with big opportunity
- The chance to develop with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401K with company matching
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with (“Senior UX Designer”) as the subject line.
In order to be considered, candidates MUST include the following in their cover letter:
- Why you are interested in this role
- Years of experience with (skill)
- Any necessary links/attachments related to the role
- Finally, please use your cover letter to tell us what makes you stand out. Why are you the perfect person for this job?
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At The Community Company, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Community Company is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.