SEO Content Writer
NOW HIRING AN SEO CONTENT WRITER
The Community Company is seeking a full-time SEO content writer to join our marketing/communications team. The right person for the job will have a perfect balance of creative writing skills and analytical thinking skills. You’ll also need to be a self-motivated, team player who can successfully work remotely. And because our work spans multiple brands and audiences, you’ll need the ability to juggle tight deadlines and switch seamlessly between projects.
Sound like you? Read more about The Community Company and the job requirements, then apply below.
WHAT WE DO
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Our communities include YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, Ad Age, and American City Business Journals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
We’re looking for a SEO content writer who will develop and execute content strategies to achieve lead generation, brand awareness, and SEO goals.
- Create engaging content for websites, blogs, case studies, social media, ads, and more.
- Edit all content to ensure it’s on-brand and immaculate
- Write all content with SEO best practices and goals in mind
- Support marketing KPIs and inspire prospects to take action
- Optimize and edit existing content for improved search engine visibility
- Educate relevant personnel across the organization on SEO best practices as needed
- Work closely with campaign leads to contribute to strategy, understand partner objectives, and collaborate on a unified plan
- Work closely with developers and designers to ensure content and design work together as a unit
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or a related field
- 4+ years professional content writing experience, including 2+ years of SEO content optimization experience
- Excellent creative writing and editing skills
- Strong understanding of SEO and SEM best practices
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Experience working remotely preferred
THE IDEAL SEO CONTENT WRITER …
- Is naturally inquisitive
- Has great time and project management skills and doesn’t want or require micromanaging
- Is constantly seeking opportunities to develop and grow
- Is energetic and persevering
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Optional health benefits kick in after a 60-day probationary period (company pays $425-$700/month depending on the plan selected)
- Optional 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- 12 paid holidays + 10 paid time off days per year
- Additional vacation time is negotiable based on individual’s performance
- Location/Hours: This position is remote for candidates based in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “SEO Content Writer” in the subject line.
Candidates MUST include the following in their cover letter to be considered:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- How many years of experience do you have with SEO?
- Details on how you’ve impacted SEO KPIs in previous roles.
- Links to or attachments of your content work.
- Finally, please use your cover letter to tell us what makes you stand out. Why are you the perfect person for this role?
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At The Community Company, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Community Company is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.