Technical Support Specialist
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to assist and interact with our internal team members to address system and user issues in a timely and professional manner. This generalist role requires the ability to take initiative, the capacity to troubleshoot and solve customer problems, the skill to follow up and follow through, and willingness to manage varying day to day tasks depending on the needs of the users.
While the nature of this role is more technically based, it is important for the Technical Support Specialist to have a tolerant and patient disposition, with strong communication skills.
WHO WE ARE
The Community Company is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands such as YEC, a council for the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, and branded councils in partnership with Forbes, Rolling Stone, Newsweek, Fast Company and Business Journals.
We have big goals for 2021. We’re a collaborative, and accountable, fully remote group that is looking for our next addition to the team to build great things together and position our communities for growth.
- Respond attentively to requests and questions from internal team members. Provide support in resolving IT infrastructure issues remotely via phone, email, or Slack.
- Manage software installation and maintenance.
- Administer IT onboarding and offboarding of employees including distribution, setup, and collecting requirements.
- Define and follow hardware/software configuration guidelines.
- Manage application security for a variety of SaaS platforms including configure permissions, roles.
- Perform regular security auditing.
- Manage internal IT support channels on Slack.
- Create and manage knowledge base of common user issues as well as software platform documentation.
- Provide remote assistance to troubleshoot hardware peripherals. Troubleshoot both PC and Mac common operating system issues.
- Develop training materials, such as exercises and visual displays.
- Conduct remote training for users on software and hardware or recommend outside contractors to provide training.
- Research alternate approaches to existing software and hardware when standardized approaches cannot be applied.
- Investigate and correct errors, following customer and company records.
- Help customize and adapt existing programs and user interface to meet users’ requirements and needs of the business.
- Maintain inventory of IT equipment, such as desktops, laptops, mobile devices, etc.
- Certificate or specialty degree in information technology, computer science, or related/relevant field is a plus.
- Proficient with PC and Mac operating systems.
- 2+ years of experience with network security and administration, configuring switches, firewalls, VPNs, LAN/Wi-Fi, computers, and peripherals.
- Familiarity/background with database platforms and query languages (SQL, PL/SQL), as well as managing cloud-hosted deployments of databases and related applications.
- Familiarity with deploying and maintaining Atlassian tools.
- Experience working with cloud-hosted technology platforms such as AWS and Google Cloud.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Accountability, flexibility and adaptability to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate productive working relationships.
- Discretion in handling people’s private information on data servers and throughout the network.
- Problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work and collaborate within a team.
- The chance to develop your career with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401K with company matching
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this opportunity please send your resume to email@example.com with “Technical Support Specialist” in the subject line.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At The Community Company, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Community Company is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.